Temporary Visas

All New Zealand Citizens are granted a temporary visa (subclass 444) at the border.  This is renewed each entry.  This visa allows a new Zealand citizen to live and work in Australia.  If a New Zealander is married to a non-New Zealand citizen, then that person can be granted a Subclass 461 visa, either in or outside of Australia.  This visa has a 5 year validity and provides full work rights.  Subclass 461 can apply to the spouse’s dependent child or grandchild and certain relatives.

Permanent Visas

Since 2001, New Zealand citizens have had to apply for permanent residency.  New Zealand citizens have to meet the same criteria as all other permanent resident applicants.  Please review our sections on Permanent residency to see which suits you best.  We can assist you with both your assessment and your application.

Click here for consultation.