Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS)
RSMS is a permanent visa for people with a job offer in a regional area of Australia.
RSMS has lower threshold criteria than ENS but RSMS visas are subject to cancellation if the employee does not remain with the employer for a further 2 years in the same regional area.
STEP ONE â€“ Certification
The position must be certified by a Regional Certifying Body (RCB) prior to the nomination being lodged with the DIBP.
Certification is only required if the nomination is Direct Entry (Stream 2).
Nomination â€“ The Employer
The Australian employer will need to provide the following information for the nomination:
- The position to be filled must be on the Consolidated Sponsored Occupations ListÂ (CSOL).
- The position must be full-time and open for at least 2 years.
- The position must require a diploma-level qualification, or be in a trade.
- The visa applicant must be employed in accordance with Australian labour law.
- The sponsor must demonstrate that the business is established in Australia, and is in a satisfactory financial position.
- The business must be operating in a regional area of Australia.
- The sponsor must establish that there is a satisfactory record of training Australian employees (if TRT).
- The sponsor must undertake to pay Market Salary Rates for the position offered.
Visa Application- The Employee
The employee must meet one of the following 3 streams:
Â Â 1. Temporary Transitional Residency (TRT):
- Have worked on 457 visa for the last 2 years for your nominating employer
- Be under 50 years of age
- Have Vocational English (IELTS 5.0)
- Nominated occupation must be the same or closely related to the 457 visa occupation
- Skills assessment not required
Â Â 2. Direct Entry Scheme (DE):
- No previous work experience required.
- Obtain a Positive Skills Assessment in the nominated occupation (trades only)
- OccupationÂ must be from Skill Levels 1 â€“ 3 in ANSZCO
- The occupation must be on CSOL
- Have Competent English (IELTS 6.0)
- Be under 50 years of age
Â Â Â 3.Â Labour Agreements:
- Meet the criteria set out in relevant agreement
- Lower English levels possible
- Semi-skilled. Responsive to genuine shortages
Exceptions to the Rule:
- There are some exceptions to the rules
- Contact ASM for assistance and guidance
What ASM Will Do:
- Provide you or your employee with your own communication portal
- Provide a detailed Checklists and Information Sheets
- Understand your requirements
- Partner with you & step your business through the process
- Liaise directly with the visa applicant & family
- Ensure that only correct and complete information is lodged with DIBP
- Complete the forms and submissions.
- Follow through to visa decision
- Reduce your stress
- Minimise the stress 457 visa applicant & family by keeping them up-to-date
Duration And Conditions
This visa is a permanent visa with full work and study rights in Australia and Medicare.
The permanent residency visa is valid for 5 years.
However, if the employee does not commence employment within 6 months of grant of the visa, or does not stay working for the employer for a minimum of 2 years, then the RSMS visa may be cancelled.