Australian visitor visa is a temporary visa available to people wishing to travel to Australia for the following purposes:

  • Holidays or sightseeing
  • Social and recreational reasons
  • Visiting relatives or friends
  • Studying for less than three months and other short-term (non-work) purposes
  • For short-term specialised work
  • For short-term business activities
  • For medical treatment and related purposes and
  • For ‘working holidays’.

The following visas are available for international travellers:

1.Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) (Class GA)

Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) subclass 400 visa
This visa is for people who want to engage in the following activities:

  • Participating in a cultural and social event
  • Doing highly specialised work
  • Assisting in national emergency
  • Foreign affairs student (study short course) or recipient

2.Working Holiday (Temporary) (Class TZ)

Working Holiday subclass 417 visa is for people holding an eligible passport to work and holiday in Australia.

3.Work and Holiday (Temporary) (Class US)

Work and Holiday subclass 462 visa allows people from eligible countries who are aged between 18 and 30 years to come to Australia for work and holiday up to 12 months from the first date of entry into Australia. People holding passport from following countries are eligible to apply for this visa:

  • Argentina
  • Bangladesh
  • Chile
  • Iran
  • Indonesia
  • Malaysia
  • Thailand
  • Turkey
  • USA and
  • Uruguay

4. Visitor (Class FA)

Visitor visa subclass 600 has following three main visa streams:

  • Tourist/Visit family or friends
  • Business visit for meetings, conferences, negotiations or exploratory purpose (not for work)
  • Sponsored Family Visit (this requires letter of support from close relative with sponsorship form)

5. Electronic Travel Authority (Class UD) 

Electronic Travel Authority subclass 601 visa
If you hold an eligible passport, you may be eligible for this visa. Subclass 601 allows you to do the following business activities:

  • Making a general business or employment enquiries
  • Investigating, negotiating, signing or reviewing a business contract
  • Official government to government visits
  • Participating in conference, trade fairs or seminars

6. Medical Treatment (Visitor) (Class UB)

Medical Treatment subclass 602 visa is for people who either want to get treatment in Australia or want to donate an organ. If you want to accompany as a career of a person who holds this visa you may be eligible to get this visa. This visa allows you to do the following while in Australia:

  • Stay in Australia for medical treatment or to care for relative or friend who holds this visa
  • Study for up to three months, unless you are younger than 18 years old and your circumstances change while you are in Australia
  • Travel to Australia either:
  • Once to enter the country until the treatment plan is completed, or
  • As many times as you want while your visa is valid.

7. Visitor (Class TV)

eVisitor subclass 651 visa is for people who holds eligible passport and intend to visit Australia for the following purposes:

  • Education or business meetings
  • Seminars
  • Conventions or
  • Conferences

8. Tourist (Class TR)

Tourist subclass 676 visa allows you to stay in Australia for up to 12 months but, it is determined by the DIAB on basis of circumstances of each applicant. The visa is often subject to annual ceiling which means it is not available throughout the business year. To check the availability of this visa, please contact us.

AMS will assist you to:

  • Up to date information and checklist of documents for hassle free preparation
  • Documents preparation assistance
  • Work closely with you to prepare and submit the application to DIAB
  • Allow you to track the progress of your application
  • Make your visa process stress free