We Look After Blue-Chip Multinationals, Off-Shore Companies And Small Local Businesses

All companies, in order to bring in staff to Australia for temporary work, whether based in Australia or overseas must become an Australian sponsor –Standard Business Sponsor (SBS).  As a sponsor you must meet and comply with a series of Obligations.

Once you become our client, we partner with you to look after all your staff migration issues and keep you informed of DIBP changes which affect your obligations.

We retain records for all your temporary residents on 457 work permits and we advise you of the records you must keep to meet your obligations as a sponsor.

We provide our clients with their own portal to communicate with us and to view all their visa holders and expiry dates.  You can notify us quickly when one of your visa holders leaves you so you can fulfil your obligations.

Temporary Business Sponsorship (457 Visas)

The Business – Long Stay or 457 visa allows businesses based either in Australia or overseas to sponsor workers for a temporary visa for up to 4 years. There is a list of eligible occupations for 457 visas, a Threshold Salary Level and in some cases advertising and English testing applies.  We advise you first whether your employee will fit the criteria.

For more on Temporary Business Sponsorships Click here for consultation.

Overseas Business Sponsorship (457 Visas)

If you are based outside Australia, you can sponsor 457 visa holders to Australia under an Overseas Business Sponsorship (OBS). You cannot sponsor your employee to permanent residency unless you are operating in Australia.

Start-Up Business Sponsorship (457 Visas)

If your business in Australia has been trading for less than 12 months, you can still sponsor 457 visa holders but we need to provide a business plan and audible training plan to DIBP. At present, a start-up can only obtain SBS for 12 months and therefore the visa will only be for 12 months and this can be extended to the full 4 years at the end of the 12 month period.

Labour Agreements

Labour Agreements allow businesses to sponsor a specified number of skilled workers from overseas.

They are different from Employer Nomination Scheme and Temporary Business (Long Stay) schemes in that a labour Agreement enables companies to nominate occupations that are not on the lists of approved occupations. The nominated occupation must be identified as a being in shortage or as being an emerging labour market shortage in Australia.

If your company would like to sponsor a lot of workers from overseas, this agreement may be the best for you.

For more about Labour Agreements, please  Click here for consultation.

Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS)

The Employer Nomination Scheme is a permanent visa, and requires the nominating employer to be operating in Australia.  The employee needs to show a higher level of skill than for a 457 visa, English tests apply, more stringent health testing, maybe an occupational assessment and a different List of Occupations.

For more on Employer Nomination Scheme Click here for consultation.

Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS)

The RSMS visa requires a job offer in a regional area. The position needs to be approved by a Regional Certifying Body, but otherwise the skill level criteria are lower than for an ENS visa. The resulting RSMS visa is a permanent visa, but is subject to cancellation if the employee leaves employment within 2 years of obtaining the visa.

For ENS or RSMS, a company can sponsor their workers to permanent residency without having a SBS.

For more on Regional Sponsored Skilled Migration Scheme visas Click here for consultation.

The main visa options used by businesses to sponsor overseas workers to work in Australia are as follows:

Other Related Corporate Visas

There are a range of other visas which a company may use such as a Professional Development visa, or an Occupational Trainee visa and for each of these a company must establish a separate sponsorship.

The short term BUSINESS VISITOR VISA is a visa used by many Australian companies. This visa is simple and complex at the same time. We can advise, prepare and apply for this visa application with the Department of Immigration & Border Protection (DIBP).
Family Members

Most of your 457 visa holders will, at some point, enquire as to possibility of bringing their relations to Australia either permanently or for a visit.

We assist with and assess these different visa types to support of your staff. We initially assess the likelihood of success and then prepare and lodge the application with DIBP.

Compliance And Monitoring

We partner with our clients to ensure that you meet DIBP’s monitoring and compliance standards.  We provide you with the obligations and with management tools to ensure that, in any size organisation, these standards can be met.

We maintain records of all your 457 visa holders and work with you to improve your internal processes so that you remain compliant with Australian migration laws.

If your company is monitored and faces a breach or sanction notice, we have the skills and understanding of the law to assist you quickly. We can provide internal audit services to ensure that you are maintaining appropriate documentation and we educate your staff in the process.

For more on compliance and monitoring Click here for consultation.

Other Corporate Services – ONLINE Relocation

We offer online relocation services for your staff’s international moves so that they can be sourcing neighbourhoods, schools, houses and banks etc before they leave home. This facility provides reassurance to the family and they settle more easily after the move. This resource also reduces the time spent by your HR staff answering questions about customs, Australian life and all the other queries, which inevitably arise.

Ask us and we can provide further information.

What ASM Can Do For You:

✔ We assess your proposed temporary residents against the current temporary and permanent criteria and advise your company of their suitability.
✔ We can also assess and assist with the full range of non-corporate permanent residence applications for employees where this approach is appropriate for the employer client.
✔ We manage and support both your HR staff and your employees.
✔ We prepare the entire application in the employer-based sponsorship categories.
✔ We provide comprehensive checklists to both the company and the employee as well as information sheets and prepared forms.
✔ We gather all the information and documentation and prepare the forms and the submissions for lodgment.
✔ We can also assist in a range of commercial aspects in relation to your business whether migration-related or not.
✔ We can assist with services such as employment contracts, registration of your company with ASIC, ABN etc.
✔ We work closely with commercial solicitors, accountants, business advisors, banks, expat tax accountants and lawyers, funds transfer companies etc.