Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) Visa
The Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) allows employers to â€˜sponsorâ€™ employees for Australian permanent residence.
Only businesses operating in Australia can access the ENS program. The business does not have to have Standard Business Sponsorship to sponsor to permanent residency.
The nominated position must be open for at least 2 years.
The ENS visa is a common pathway for 457 visa holders to obtain permanent residency.
Nomination â€“ The Employer
The Australian EMPLOYER will need to provide the following information for the nomination:
1. The position to be filled must be on the Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List.
2. The position must be full-time and open for at least 2 years.
3. The applicant must be employed in accordance with Australian labour law.
4. The sponsor must demonstrate that the business is established in Australia, and is in a satisfactory financial position.
5. The sponsor must establish that there is a satisfactory record of training Australian employees.
6. The sponsor must undertake to pay Market Salary Rats for the position offered.
Visa Application â€“ The Employee
The EMPLOYEE must meet one of the following 3 streams:
1. Temporary Transitional Residency (TRT):
- Have worked on 457 visa for the last 2 years for your nominating employer
- Be under 50 years of age
- Have Vocational English (IELTS 5.0)
- Nominated occupation must be the same or closely related to the 457 visa occupation.
- Skills assessment not required
2. Direct Entry Scheme (DE):
- Be under 50 years of age
- Have Competent English (IELTS 6.0)
- The occupation must be on CSOL
- Obtain a Positive Skills Assessment in the nominated occupation
- Have at least 3 years work experience in the nominated occupation
3. Labour Agreements:
- Meet the criteria set out in relevant agreement
- Lower English levels possible
- Semi-skilled. Responsive to genuine shortages
Exceptions to the Rule:
- There are some exceptions to the rules
- Contact ASM for assistance and guidance
Duration And Conditions
This visa is a permanent visa with full work and study rights in Australia and Medicare.
The permanent residency visa is valid for 5 years.
What ASM Will Do:
- Provide you or your employee with your own communication portal
- Provide a detailed Checklists and Information Sheets
- Understand your requirements
- Partner with you & step your business through the process
- Liaise directly with the visa applicant & family
- Ensure that only correct and complete information is lodged with DIBP
- Complete the forms and submissions.
- Follow through to visa decision
- Reduce your stress
- Minimise the stress 457 visa applicant & family by keeping them up-to-date